Thursday, April 22, 2010

Hash Brown Casserole

Have you ever been to "Cracker Barrel"? If so...this is very similar to their recipe!

10.25 oz. can condensed cream of chicken soup
8 oz. Colby cheese - grated
1/2 cup melted butter OR margarine
1 sm. onion - minced
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 lb. bag frozen shredded hash browns

Spray a 13" X 9" X 2" baking pan with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
*In a bowl, combine soup, cheese, butter, onion, salt, and pepper.
*Gently fold the potatoes into the mixture and pour into prepared pan.
*Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes, until heated through and top is browned.


Serves 8


1 comment:

  1. Aaaaaa!! This is one of my family's faves!! Except we use cream of celery and southern style hashbrowns. They inhale it!! Too funny!

    Thank you, Monica, for your sweet caring ways and for checking in on me! What a blessing you are! All here is well. My MRI went fine...results by Tuesday! I really think my problem is in my neck and back and have been seeing the chiropractor to help it...but we'll see.

    Have a joyful Sunday and know that I love and appreciate you dear!!
    HUGS,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete