Thursday, November 28, 2013

I am thankful 28 day challenge

Thanksgiving 2013

Day 1 I am thankful for my Lord Jesus. His amazing grace, forgiveness
and unconditional love. I can’t imagine my life without Him.


Day2. I am thankful for for my husband, Randy. My soul mate, my love...my best friend. With the exception of God...no one knows me better than Randy. He makes me laugh, he calms my fears...he encourages me. There is nothing we can't do or get through together. He is wonderful father to our children. They are confident of his love for them. Thank you God for blessing us with Randy.


Day 3: Dear Matthew, Stephen, Caleb and Shelby, I am thankful for you! Each one of you represents an answered prayer. When you were born...your dad and I knew we would love, nurture and care for you We knew we would have to be the best people we could possibly be...because you would learn from us. I still love watching you learn. What we didn't know then is how much we would learn from you. I love you more than anything in this world! You have made my life complete.



Day 4: I am thankful for my parents! For giving me life. For loving God and teaching us to do the same. For always praying for me. For loving me even when I didn't love myself. They made me a better person by their example. Even when I disappointed them...I knew their door was always open and that I was welcome. My dad getting up every morning and going to work...even when he was sick. My mother for taking care of our home, and making sure our bellies were full. For the many scarifies they made so that my brothers, my sister and I would have what we needed...and wanted. For staying together through better or worse, richer or poorer, sickness and health....and teaching us that though love and marriage is not always easy...it is definitely worth fighting for. For their sense of humor. For their compassion for stray animals...and making our pets part of our family. For making birthdays, and holidays special and all the pictures my mother made us pose for...so we wouldn't forget a moment of our time together.
I am blessed beyond belief to have Stan and Rose as parents. Parents don't come any finer than the set God gave to me

.
Day 5: I am thankful for my pets! They are here for me, in good times and bad. They keep me company, snuggle when I am sick, protect me, drive me nuts, make me laugh, cost a fortune, and don't do their share of the housework (much like the human children). They fit right into our crazy life. They require so little, yet give back so much. I'm so thankful we are blessed with each of them.

Many of these babies were abandoned and starving. Please have your pets spayed or neutered. Remember the homeless, hungry and unloved animals. Not just during the holidays.....but through out the year. Make a donation to your local humane society. I like to go to my vet office and donate a spay or neuter.


Day 6: I am thankful for my siblings! I sure wish mom and dad would have had me sooner...so I could have grown up with them. I always loved listening to their stories and memories of growing up together. I suppose that might be the reason why I was always in such a hurry to grow up.
I have been blessed to watch as they fell in love and married their life mates.... Karen, Theresa and Pat. As they began and raised their families...and now adoring their grandchildren.
They probably don't know this...because I am pretty sure I have never told them. So I will tell them now. Stan, Joe and Gina... I love you all very much. I admire the lives you have built and I am very proud to be your little sister.


Day 7: I am thankful for all of my nieces and nephews! Brandon, Amy, Travis, Misty, Micheal, Carrie, Daniel, Jared and Justin. A few of them grew up with me and were more like little brothers and sisters. They made me laugh, got on my nerves, made me proud and made the holidays so much fun! They grew up way too fast. Now they have children of their own. The GREAT ones: Bradley, Nicholas, Abigail, Wyatt, Ellie, Gianna, Mason, Morgan, Max, Piper, Stella, Rose, Dillion, Darin, Evan, Sadie. and one on the way! I love them very much! All of them own a huge spot in my heart.


Day 8: I am thankful for my friends. The chosen sisters who walk my life with me. Other than my family and my faith in God, nothing is more important to me than my friends. Some are funny, some full of passion, some flighty, some rock-solid, some are kindred spirits with me. Some are right where they want to be, and others are still finding their way. Some are far away or have walked out of my life. I still love them and miss them terribly.


Day 9: I am thankful for my home. I knew the moment I laid eyes on this old house...it would be our home. The memories we created, and the lessons we learned as we worked together to renovate. I am also grateful for the friends who gave their time to help us.
"The Greene House....Home is where they love you!"

Day 10: I am thankful for my camera...and the memories I create with it. Not only for myself...but for others. With it...I view everything up close and personal. I see things I may not have ever noticed before. The details of a flower. A just hatched butterfly drying it's wings before taking its first flight. The innocence of a child at play. Sunrise...sunset. Altering life by holding it still.

“Sometimes I arrive just when God's ready to have someone click the shutter.”― Ansel Adams

Day 11: I am thankful for our Military and Veterans. I salute you. I thank you for allowing me the opportunity to live a life unfettered by fear. I thank you for the right to speak my mind without fear of retribution. For standing proud and defending America each and every day of your lives - and ours. I am proud to be an American. I am thankful today and always for the millions of men and women who dedicate and have given their lives so that I may continue to live my life - freely, honestly, and without fear.


Day 12: I am thankful for Teachers. To all teachers (past, present, and future) You will be remembered this Thanksgiving Day and beyond. Thank you for your endless patience, and unrivaled dedication.

Day 13: I am thankful for the many challenges. Whether planned or unplanned, the challenges and difficulties have made me stronger. Without them, I would not know gratitude for the many blessings of life


Day 14: I am thankful for facebook! I know there are some negative things about facebook. But I am thankful for being able to connect with old friends, new friends, aunts, uncles, and cousins...near and far. To be able to share the good times, laugh at jokes, remember the old times or to take a moment to relax and play a game together. To congratulate the proud moments, to grieve with each other during our losses. It is truly a blessing.



Day15: I am thankful for music!
It is so powerful! Music makes me happy and sometimes makes me cry. It can take me back in time, and remind me of certain people, places and things. Music makes me want to get up and dance. It often helps me to relax. My oldest son is mentally disabled, and cannot speak...but I can always connect with him through music. I believe there is music in Heaven, and is a gateway to the soul


.
Day 16: I am thankful for all of nature. The birds, the bee's the flowers and the trees....and of course the butterflies


Day 17: I am thankful for the City of Vidor, and our community. When we left the military...we had the option of moving anywhere. We chose to come back to Vidor. It is one of the best decisions we ever made. Our little city is often the subject of cruel jokes and criticisms. Every time I hear someone putting Vidor down...it really hurts my feelings. There is no such thing as a perfect person or place....but our citizens are friendly and loyal. We come together when our fellow Vidorians are in need. Our schools are awesome and I feel our children are blessed with a top notch education. Unfortunately in this day and age...crime is always a possibility...but in Vidor I feel my family is as safe as they can be. I am really proud and thankful to be a member of this community.



Day 18: I am thankful for the morning. The sunshine. Breakfast...my favorite meal. For Hazelnut coffee, and a hot bath. All I need to start the day!



Day 19: I am thankful for Randy's employers, and coworkers. I am thankful that he is able to go to work, do his job...come home and not stress about what tomorrow will hold. Having a job at all these days is enough to be thankful for...having a job you love and coworkers you enjoy is a blessing.


Day 20: I am thankful for doctors, nurses, and all who devote their lives to helping the sick, and injured. Thank you for your kindness, your wisdom, and humor. I know the work you do is not always easy. I am grateful that in spite of the many challenges you face, you still do what you do every day.


Day 21: I am thankful for the peacemakers. Those who have chosen to take the path of peace. They choose and respond to situations with love... rather than anger or hatred.


Day 22: I am thankful for books. When I need a little break, a little quiet time for myself...I simply pick up a book. Books take me to other worlds. They help me see life from another’s point of view. They help me to think.


Day 23: I am thankful for peaceful sleep. My warm cozy bed, and fluffy pillows. Wonderful, mouth open and slobbering, waking up with hair looking like Don King sleep!


Day 24: I am thankful that my son Stephen is home for a whole week! All my children home, under one roof!


Day 25: I am thankful that I am finished shopping for Christmas! Every year I promise myself that I am going to start early and avoid the crowded stores. This year I did it! Now, I can spend the month of December, enjoying the company of friends and family, spreading holiday cheer through random acts of kindness, and reflecting on the true meaning of Christmas.

John 3:16-17 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." The true meaning of Christmas is the celebration of this incredible act of love.


Day 26: I am thankful for Smiles. Ever have a baby look into your eyes and smile? It’s priceless. When you go out today, tomorrow and the next day...make a point to smile at everyone you see. Even if they seem rude or look angry. Some will smile back at you, and some won't. You may change someone's entire day. Just watch how it makes you feel!


Day 27: I am thankful for the church of my childhood. For the Pope, the Priests, my CCD teachers, the choir directors, our CYO groups and even the sweet little old ladies – they all played a part in my spiritual growth. The church of my childhood helped make me who I am today. Peace be with you!


Day 28: I am thankful for our food and our many blessings. Thank you, Lord. Wishing you all a Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving!
 
 
 


 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment