Tuesday, March 17, 2009

God's Favorite Color?


















When Spring is coming we all notice the pretty flowers blooming, the birds and other wildlife preparing for their young to be born...and the warmth of the sun on our skin. But for me...all my life it has happened this way...its like I walk outside and BAM I am blown away...like everything bloomed over night. The tree's go from bare and lifeless...to just covered in leaves.

I have an elderly neighbor..he is 81 and just precious. His legs and his body have failed him...but his mind is as sharp as a tack. One Sunday afternoon he was sitting out in his wheelchair waiting for some one to pick him up for Church and he asked me " What do you suppose God's favorite color might be?" He had that look on his face that I have seen numerous times before...like he knows the answer but wants to hear your thoughts. It was a beautiful day....not a cloud in the sky...and I almost said BLUE! He was looking at me with a smile on his face. He said "think about it for a minute"...He knew I was thinking blue. But I stopped and looked around and said.....Green!
He didn't say a word...he just smiled.

What do you suppose is Gods favorite color?

1 comment:

  1. I love it! My favorite color is green, so that would be cool if it was His too. :-)

    Thanks for visiting my blog! I just had a baby (#5) back at the end of November, so I haven't been posting, or visiting other blogs, nearly as much as I used to. I'll try to pop in again sometime soon though. God bless!

    ReplyDelete