Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My boys are home!

Thank goodness...maybe tonight I will sleep better. I know that is silly...but I really didn't sleep well while at all they were gone. Caleb's bus got in about 1pm today. I could not believe my eyes when I saw him. He lost 14 pounds since last Thursday. It was all that walking around Disney. Several of the kids were throwing up on the bus on the way back from Florida...and Caleb felt a little nauseated when he got off the bus...but I'm pretty sure he was just tired. He showered...slept...got up and ate (I made his favorite....Chicken and Sausage Gumbo) and went right back to bed.
He got some really cute pictures...I'll share them later. He had a really good time.

Stephen wasn't supposed to come back from his friends place until tomorrow...but it is a really small town and his friend had no Internet, no cable TV and there wasn't much to do there....aww poor baby! LOL He had to come back home to all his comforts....But seriously...I am glad they are home...I missed them a lot. I think it is pretty obvious that this mom is not ready for an empty nest.

7 comments:

  1. It's hard when your kids are away! Mine are never allowed to move out;0) jk

    I came by to welcome you to SITS! It's great to have you in the SITStahood:0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the SITS community!! We are so glad to have you around!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fourteen pounds just walking around Disney for a week? I'm buying a plane ticket!! :) Glad they're home - it's always hardest on Mom!

    Dropping by to welcome you to SITS - happy to have you join us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog!! So nice!

    And I am right there with you, my kids are still young, but I imagine as they get older it won;t get any easier to be away from them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i always feel so much more relaxed + sleep better when my family is home too. welcome home to your boys!

    i am stopping by to welcome you to the SITS community, we are thrilled you joined!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 14 lbs.!! Are you exasperating? If not, book my flight right now! That's exactly how much I need to lose!!
    Welcome to SITS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad your nest is full again :) Welcome to the SITS community!

    ReplyDelete