Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Please Love Them...Please Take Care Of Them!

My Beloved Pets-
Shadow, Joey,
Annie, LucyLu,
Toby, Pete,

I cannot remember a single day I that I did not have a pet in my
life. My parents had a motto.."No one goes hungry around here" and they proved that motto true over and over. Many stray dogs and cats made their way to my parents home...and even though there were times that we did have to find a loving new home for the stray...none were ever turned away or left out in the cold. Those that stayed with us...became beloved members of our family. My parents taught us compassion by example and that example has been passed down to my own children. Our pets bring us great joy every single day. Thank you Mom and Dad for teaching me to
"Be A Good Human"
*********************

Donate to the ASPCA Today!

"If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men."
St. Francis Of Assisi

*********************





Some people think that neutering their pet may hurt them. Actually, neutering helps prevent some harmful medical problems for animals and decreases their chances of getting cancer. Neutering also deters high-risk behavior such as roaming, getting into fights, and mating. So, neutering your pet doesn't hurt – it helps.
For information about a low cost spay or neuter click on Cat below.


*********************




FreeKibbleKat.com



Play Bow Wow and Meow Trivia every day - the more you play, the more kibble for the dogs & Cats! Right or wrong, you win!
All you have to do is click
on an answer, and every day you do, we'll provide
10 pieces of kibble to
Animal Shelters to help feed their hungry dogs & Cats.



FreeKibble.com

*********************


The Humane Society of the United States is the nation's largest and most effective animal protection organization—backed by 10 million Americans, or one in every 30. Established in 1954, The HSUS seeks a humane and sustainable world for all animals—a world that will also benefit people. We are America's mainstream force against cruelty, exploitation and neglect, as well as the most trusted voice extolling the human-animal bond.


The mission statement: Celebrating Animals, Confronting Cruelty.


The Humane Society of the United States


*********************



The ASPCA was founded in 1866 as the first humane organization in the Western Hemisphere. The Society was formed to alleviate the injustices animals faced then, and we continue to battle cruelty today. Whether it’s saving a pet who has been accidentally poisoned, fighting to pass humane laws, rescuing animals from abuse or sharing resources with shelters across the country, we work toward the day in which no animal will live in pain or fear.
Come and join the ASPCA in the fight to end animal cruelty.


*********************


A PET’S PRAYER

Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.
Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.
Speak to me often, for your voice is the world’s sweetest music.
When it is cold and wet, please take me inside, for I am now a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements. And I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth. Though had you no home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land, for you are my god and I am your devoted worshipper.
Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed me clean food, that I may stay well to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing, and able to protect you with my life should your life be in danger.
And, beloved master, should the great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you. Rather, hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me merciful bounty of eternal rest- and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands.


By: Beth Norman Hauls
*********************

No comments:

Post a Comment