Monday, April 20, 2009

What's For Dinner 04/20/09



Shepherds Pie...well, sort of...


Anytime I just throw a meal together...my husband calls it one of my "wildcat suppers"...This is one of many of those meals.

1 pound ground beef
1 (14.5 ounce) can green beans, drained and I add cubed carrots...
But you can add all sorts of stuff...peas, corn...or just use a can of mixed veggies...whatever you like. You really can't mess it up.
1 (10.5 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 onion, diced
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
2 cups mashed potatoes (Left over is best...instant works just fine)

Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Cook and stir ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat until beef is browned, about 10 minutes. Drain fat. Mix in green beans, cream of mushroom soup, and onion.
Pour beef mixture into a 2 quart casserole dish and top with Cheddar cheese. Spread mashed potato on top.
Bake in the preheated oven until the pie is hot, and the mashed potatoes are golden brown, about 30 minutes.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Monica,
    This looks like a very good recipe, one that I think I might try. Thank you for sharing, and thank you for coming by and as always giving me such encouraging words. Blessings,
    sue

    ReplyDelete